Share This Blog
Search This Site
- The Sneaky Way We Sabotage Ourselves When Things Are Going Well
- Your Health Goals: Are They Bigger Than They Need To Be?
- Three Minutes to Mindfulness
- How One Small Step Really Can Change Your Life
- Free Ebook: The Kaizen Plan for Reducing Holiday Stress
- Making Micro-Changes: Don’t Miss the Free “3 Tiny Habits” Course!
- Is It Time to Rethink Your Routines?
- Giveaway: The Best of Small Steps to Big Change
- How to Recover From Mild Burnout and Get More Energy
- When Your Head and Your Heart Don’t Agree, Which One Do You Listen To?
Author Archives: Lynn
I recently started a new small-steps habit — two minutes of breathing exercises with a resistance device, to help increase my lung capacity. For the first couple days, it was tough. I got dizzy a few breaths in, and had … Continue reading
Do you ever feel like you make huge commitments in your health journey that you can’t keep? I know I do. But what if we stopped making grandiose, unachievable goals that we’ll inevitably fail at, and made smaller goals that … Continue reading
“I can tell you’ve been meditating,” my husband said to me. “You’ve been a lot more mindful recently.” My first reaction was a guilty twinge. I’d been intending to meditate. I’d even cajoled myself into a couple of three-minute sessions, … Continue reading
Back in January 2011, when I started this blog, I explained what I was trying to do: discover small, easy changes I could make that would significantly improve the quality of my life. But I didn’t talk about why I … Continue reading
I just learned about this course from Stanford researcher B.J. Fogg called “3 Tiny Habits” — it’s like the kaizen approach to kaizen! Fogg leads you through a free email course, in which you are asked to make three 30-second … Continue reading
I’ve never liked the idea of routines. Just saying the word makes me feel claustrophobic and trapped. But as I pay more attention to my own behavior, I’ve realized something shocking. I already have routines. (Okay, maybe it’s not shocking … Continue reading