Learn More About Kaizen
The book that got me started on this (a quick, easy read): One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The Kaizen Way
Susan Meier’s workshop, The 10 Minute Solution, is a wonderful introduction to the concept of using timed intervals to increase your productivity: http://susanmeierworkshops.blogspot.com/2010/10/10-minute-solution.html
The Small-Scale Approach to Achieving Great Things
A wonderful article by Scott McIntyre that pretty much encapsulates how to apply a small-steps approach to any project: http://zenhabits.net/small-scale
Not sure where to start? Why not take the Real Age test? It takes a few minutes to complete their detailed questionnaire, but at the end you’ll get a personalized list of steps you could take to become biologically younger and increase your health and vitality.
Or how about some help with adding more veggies to your diet without sacrificing flavor? Missy LaPine’s Sneaky Chef cookbooks are amazing:
The Sneaky Chef: Simple Strategies for Hiding Healthy Foods in Kids’ Favorite Meals
The Sneaky Chef to the Rescue: 101 All-New Recipes and “Sneaky” Tricks for Creating Healthy Meals Kids Will Love
The Sneaky Chef: How to Cheat on Your Man (In the Kitchen!): Hiding Healthy Foods in Hearty Meals Any Guy Will Love
- Small Steps to Big Results: a 12-week Action Plan to a Better Life, by Ellie Krieger: Ms. Krieger takes a small-steps approach to changing your eating and exercise habits in 12 weeks. She gives you checklists for each week, for easy reference, and explains the benefit of each recommended change in detail.
- Total Stretch for Beginners with Tamilee
- The 7-Minute Miracle
- 7 Minutes of Magic: AM/PM Routines with Lee Holden
- Yoga Quick Fixes – Ana Brett & Ravi Singh and Yoga House Call – Ana Brett & Ravi Singh
- If you search amazon.com for “10 minute workout“, “15 minute workout,” or “mini workout“, you’ll find a bunch of DVDs with short workouts to ease you into exercise
These are books that I’m using as a resource as I continue to work on my kaizen plan:
The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal, by Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz
The Exhaustion Cure: Up Your Energy From Low to Go in 21 Days, by Laura Stack
The Power of 5: 5-Second to 5-Minute Shortcuts to Burn Fat, Stop Aging and Revitalize Your Love Life, by Harold H. Bloomfield, M.D. and Robert K. Cooper, Ph.D.
Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard, by Chip Heath and Dan Heath